Class size varies from as few as 10 students to as many as 60. We reserve the option to cancel a class that has fewer than 15 registrants. We have about 300 individual attendees in a term.
Please contact our office if you would like to discuss your ideas before submitting a proposal.
We are seeking proposals for the following terms:
- 2021 Spring and Summer
Note: We work year-round to fill class slots, so the sooner you submit your ideas, the better!
Please submit the following information using the form below:
- Course title
- Summary of the course content (4-5 sentences).
- Expected class time length (classes are typically scheduled for 2 to 2½ hours, with one break)
- Anticipated classroom needs (room arrangement, access to technology and/or AV equipment, Wi-fi, writing surface for students, etc.)
- Your first and second choices of terms
- Your particular expertise and interest in the topic
- Your CV (abbreviated version is fine)
Finally, please bear in mind that our participants eagerly take these classes for enjoyment and personal enrichment. Your proposed course is more likely to be chosen, and ultimately will be successful for this audience if you design it to be both fun and informative.
Please keep in mind that submitting a proposal does not guarantee a teaching spot in the Lifelong Learning program. If we wish to consider your course for an upcoming term, you will be contacted.
All faculty sending proposals for Lifelong Learning must obtain their department chair’s approval via email to our office. Faculty may not teach in Lifelong Learning during a semester when they have a course reduction either for research leave or for administrative duties.
If you have questions about the Lifelong Learning program, please contact us so we can help you!
Wake Forest University
P.O. Box 6103
Winston-Salem, NC 27109