Details & Fees
Our classes typically meet once per week for six weeks, for 2 hours per class session. Classes are primarily held at the Brookstown Inn location. Occasionally classes will meet on the campus of Wake Forest University or other downtown locations. Both Daytime, Evening and online classes are offered. *Fees subject to change as necessary. Refunds only offered if class is canceled by Lifelong Learning.
NEW 2023 Lifelong Learning class registration fees
We are happy to share our updated fees for 2023! We have expanded our discounted fees to not only include WFU Retirees, Faculty, Staff and Alumni but also to include First Time Participants, Multi-Registration and Guest fees. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336-758-5232.
General Attendee Fee- $175. For those who are taking only one class per term and do not qualify for the WFU discount.
WFU Retiree, Staff, Faculty and Alumni Fee -$160. For those WFU affiliates who are only taking one class per term.
First Time Participant Fee- $150. For those who have not taken a Lifelong class before or it has been more than 2 years since your last class.
Multi-registration/Guest Fee- $150. For those taking more than one class per term or registering a guest.
As always, we invite and encourage anyone who finds the course fee a financial burden to contact our office.
Safety of our participants, staff and instructors remain our #1 priority. In-person classes held in the Lifelong Learning classroom will have reduced classroom occupancy to allow for CDC guidance and proper social distancing.
UPDATED WFU Visitor COVID-19 Protocol:
- Masks will be optional in all campus spaces, including Brookstown classrooms (unless requested by the instructor).
- We encourage everyone to carry a mask with them and comply with a request to wear a mask, respecting fellow Wake Foresters with different health conditions and levels of risk tolerance.
- The University is lifting Covid protocols related to Wake Forest-sponsored events. Proof of vaccination or a negative test is no longer required.
For the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 Visitor policies please go to: https://ourwayforward.wfu.edu/communications/
For those returning students, our much used “coffee bar” will remain closed this term to Lifelong Learners. Please feel free to bring your favorite water bottle or travel mug.
Inclement Weather Policy
In case of inclement weather, please note our policy: If the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County School System cancels in-person school, then our Lifelong Learning classes are canceled on that day. If the WS/FC School System operates on a delay, then our Lifelong Learning classes will be held on that day, as regularly scheduled. Whenever a Lifelong Learning class is canceled due to inclement weather/hazardous driving conditions, we will make every effort to make up the class within a reasonable amount of time. Above all else, please use caution and good judgment, and be safe!
Emergency Class Cancellation Policy
If a Lifelong Learning class has to be canceled due to teacher illness, family/staff emergency or building issues, class enrollees will be notified via email at the earliest possible convenience. Additionally, the Lifelong Learning main phone number (336.758.5232) will be updated to indicate class has been canceled. A makeup class will be scheduled within a reasonable amount of time.
How do I register for classes?
You may register for classes online.
How can I get information about upcoming classes?
If you would like information on classes or have questions, please feel free to reach out to us and we’ll respond to you as quickly as possible!
How do I pay for classes?
You may pay for classes via credit card or personal check. You will be prompted to indicate your payment preference and instructions when you register.
How do I use Zoom for online classes?
ZOOM Tips and Tricks!
- First thing’s first, download Zoom for your appropriate device. Links can be found here: https://zoom.us/download
- Once you have Zoom downloaded, use your provided login information (emailed from Instructor prior to class) to access your classroom
- If your class has a waiting room, you will be placed there while the host (your instructor) admits you.
- When Zoom first opens you will be asked:
- If you would like to use Internet Audio, always select yes.
- And if you would like to turn your video on.
- Make sure your microphone is muted if prompted.
- If you would like to speak while on mute, hold down the spacebar and speak and it will unmute you for the time you hold the bar down.
- For more info and FAQ’s visit this link:
- Updates From the Program Director
- New to Lifelong Learning?
- Current Term Course List- Spring 2022
- Course Locations & Directions
- Information for Faculty
- Special Events
If you have questions about the Lifelong Learning program, please contact us so we can help you!
Wake Forest University
P.O. Box 6103
Winston-Salem, NC 27109